May 13, 2013 - 08:06 AM
We get this question quite often, as there is a common misperception about "pesticides" in general.
The simple answer is that as long as you use good judgement, treat along baseboards, in cracks, crevices, under sinks inside walls (plumbing voids) behind refrigerators, washer, dryer, etc. and let everything dry before going back inside, you will be fine. Be sure to treat the outer perimeter of your home as this is where most pests originate from. Also, ePest IPM Bug Traps are a terrific "non-pesticidal" way to monitor and capture pests.
Prolonged exposure to Demon WP depends on your health situation. If you are a relatively healthy person, in my opinion, exposure to Demon WP is substantially less concerning than everyday exposure to bleach, ammonia, Pledge furniture polish, air fresheners, etc, that we expose ourselves to every day. This does not include hair spray that we breath, soaps, under arm deodorants, etc, that we purposefully put on our bodies and are absorbed right through our skin and into our bloodstreams.
It's funny how we think of household products as completely safe, when they are not. Bleach and ammonia are deadly products and if mixed together, can cause a gas so toxic, that if breathed even for a few seconds, can cause life long injury to your lungs, if you don't die first.
Lemon Pledge Aerosol contains propane and butane that are used in fuels and very combustible. These products smell nice and clean, but as the old saying goes, they are the "devil in sheeps clothing".
I have researched household cleaners, pesticides, organics, naturals, etc, for many years, and I can tell you this - you have to use good judgement when using them. Just like using a match or a gun. It's all the same.
Hope this is not to wordy. Sometimes I get on a soapbox. :-)