May 30, 2013 - 02:20 PM
The general answer on this is fairly straightforward - do not apply the products around small children and do not let them back onto the treated surfaces until they are completely dry and there are no odors.
This could take a couple of hours, it could an entire day.
If the children are really small, say infants, then this is not much of an issue since they will probably remain inside anyway. Just don't spray around them, and make sure they don't breath anything.
For toddlers, make sure that they can't get their hands, bare feet, etc, on any pesticide. Be sure to use good judgement on this.
Be careful when you let them back outside, and it may be a good idea to talk with the family physician. And always read the label directions before applying any pesticide. (disclaimer) :-)