Oct 17, 2016 - 06:47 AM
Oct 17, 2016 - 08:51 AM
I would recommend to treat the outer perimeter of the house with a residual insecticide such as Demon WP. This is basically done by spraying up the wall and out onto the soil or grass about 3 feet, making a band of insecticide completely around the house. This may need to be repeated every 2-3 weeks until the problem either goes away or the weather turns cold enough to kill them.
In the basement you can either suck them up with a shop vac, use glue traps such as the Trapper LTD or even spray with the Demon WP along the baseboards and around the windows and other areas where they might gain entry.
Only 15% of insects are classified. The other 85% remain unclassified. Sometimes things like this just appear and there is no logical reason that we understand. Not saying that someone in your area may be able to identify it, but the control is the same either way. Hope this helps.
Oct 17, 2016 - 10:17 AM
For thrip control, treatment of the lawn, plants and shrubs is necessary. The best overall chemical to use outdoors in this situation is Dominion 2L. It is a systemic insecticide that will kill them when the try and extract juices and moisture from the plants. Is also kills them on contact. Hope this helps.