Nov 25, 2016 - 05:55 AM
As far as treating the garage, It's probably not a bad idea to treat it at least 1 time. I don't think that repeat treatments are necessary when it's that cold, but a single treatment, preferably with a growth regulator to help control eggs and larvae can help.
The question is how did you get fleas since you have no pets? My concern is that there is possibly some presence of small animal that needs to be controlled.
Nov 25, 2016 - 06:10 AM
Flea life cycle is basically like this - flea eggs become larvae, larvae becomes pupae. Pupae becomes adult.
This is when you notice them - by finding adult fleas. The adults only make up about 5% of the total population. The other 95% are pupae, larvae and possibly eggs.
So control is like this - flea pupae hatch, you spray. Wait two weeks, flea pupae hatch again, you spray again. This can be repeated 3-4 times if the fleas are bad enough.
Hope this makes sense.
Nov 26, 2016 - 07:19 AM