Dec 04, 2014 - 06:46 AM
According the CDC website, 1 cup of bleach in a gallon of water will also kill this mold and almost all other molds. The problem becomes keeping the mold under control. If there is a moisture source which cannot be stopped, then the mold is almost certain to regrow at some point. Regular repeated applications must be made in this case. I would think that DSV would probably be a more efficient kill than bleach. Bleach is definitely a cheap control, but can also cause discoloration, etc.
Timbor is also labeled for mold control. We sold a lot of it after Hurricane Katrina. It works well in flooded homes, etc. It can be applied wet diluted with water and sprayed and can also be applied dry as a dust. Almost all used for Timbor are inside walls and areas where a visible residue of white powder is not a concern.